After you’ve built a trusting relationship with your assistant you can start to think beyond their work in your business and start to integrate delegation into your personal life. You’ll be surprised at how many personal tasks your assistant can help you with day-to-day! Imagine spending more time with your family and less time scheduling appointments, keeping track of shopping lists, and buying birthday gifts.
What kind of Personal Tasks Should I Start With?
I recommended starting in three areas: personal appointments, online purchases, and sending gifts. These are duties that can be easily delegated and will have a big impact on your personal to-do list. Here are the best ways to get started delegating personal tasks to your AssistPro ™ Assistant:
Making Personal Appointments
Your assistant is already the master of your calendar so this is a great place to start. Allowing your assistant to schedule your personal appointments keeps your professional and personal schedule in harmony. It also allows for increased flexibility; if a personal appointment needs to be moved your assistant can do this easily since they have all the information needed. Your personal appointments are scheduled with the same level of professionalism and clarity as your business meetings. All you have to do is show up! Here is how to get started:
- Make a list of appointments you know you’ll need over the next few months: medical, dental, vet appointments for the family dog, oil changes, gutter cleaning, a bike tune-up, etc.
- Then list your preferred service provider or location for each. If you don’t have a preferred provider, don’t worry! Your assistant can do some research and find the best options in your area
- Ensure your assistant has access to pertinent information: health insurance card, your DOB, car make/model, etc.
Making Online Purchases
Ink cartridges, whiteboard markers, a ring light, & dog food; all of these items are easily purchased online. A simple text when you realize you’re out of post-its & you’re assistant has the item ordered and on the way. When you delegate online purchases it allows you to get the things you need without having to consistently keep a shopping list at the ready. Delivery times and tracking will be managed, all you have to do is open the box when it arrives. Here is how to get started:
- Make a list of your preferred online vendors: Amazon Prime, Target.com, Chewy, Thrive Market,
- Ensure your assistant has access to your accounts and is authorized to make purchases
- Add a reoccurring section on your weekly meetings to review the weekly purchases
Acknowledging Special Occasions: Sending Gifts and Cards
Imagine never forgetting to acknowledge another birthday, anniversary, or special occasion! Not only can your assistant ensure all of these important dates are on your calendar, but they can also easily send gifts and cards to your loved ones. Here is how to get started:
- Make a list of important people in your personal life and what occasions you’d like to acknowledge: your sister’s birthday, your parent’s anniversary, your niece’s college graduation
- Either gather the dates for all of the special occasions or ask your assistant to reach out and get the dates for you
- Make a list of preferred vendors: Amazon, Flowers.com, Etsy, Hallmark.com
- Set some general budgets guidelines
- Add a reoccurring section on your weekly meetings to review upcoming special occasions
Once you delegate some personal tasks to your AssistPro ™ Assistant you’ll enjoy a few extra hours in your week!